Saturday, December 19, 2009

Solve iTunes 5002 Error (appstore)(istore)

I was so happy that Imp or Oaf ? was free on the appstore today.I tried downloading it but first I got an Error saying "Network-timeout"so I reset my router,restarted my Mac. then another error saying "Unknown itunes error 5002" and it dint work for any downloads from Apple AppStore.


I just solved it(on my Mac) and thought I should post it here.

1. Stop iTunes

2. Get AppCleaner (free)

3. Go to Macintosh HD > Users > UserID > Music > iTunes > (keep a copy of iTunesLibrary,iTunes Music,Mobile Applications in a safe place,your external HD or mem stick or whatever.)

4. Start AppCleaner and drag iTunes from Applications folder into the "Drop Apps Here" area

Enter your password and uninstall iTunes








5. Download iTunes.dmg from www.apple.com.

6.Install iTunes.

7. Restore the three backup files back into the same iTunes folder.

8. Start iTunes.

9. No more error 5002 :D

10. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment